As the Holidays begin to peek around the corner people are beginning to search for ways to make money at home for the up-and-coming gift giving season. Not only that, the recession has hit people hard and I honestly believe that home based businesses are going to explode in the coming years as more and more people look for ways to make money at home.
Whether you choose to offer a decorating service or a grocery shopping service, advise people on how to declutter a home or, indeed remove the clutter in your truck - the options are endless.
10. Grocery Shopping Service. Put an add on Craigslist or in the paper that targets the elderly and busy moms. Have people email their shopping list to you and you can do their shopping for them. If you advertise in Craigslist you will not need to spend any money on marketing.
9. Internet Tutor. I personally do not know a single person who does not own a computer. However, there are still millions of people that are completely clueless (my mother-in-law, for one) when it comes to operating their computer and using the internet. Again, you can advertise on Craigslist for free. Charge by the hour.
8. Hauling Service. If you have a truck you can advertise a Hauling Service on Craigslist. Offer to haul away peoples junk, tree branches or trash and charge per load. With decluttering so popular as people seek to get more organised and create a less stressful life their are plenty of people who need someone to remove their clutter. (See this Ultimate Guide to Decluttering if you need some encouragement to declutter)
7. Translation Service. Are you fluent in another language? Start a translation service or become a tutor. Another option is to tutor people in English where that is not their first language - especially foreign business people who have been posted to the US and want to improve their spoken English.
6. Holiday Decorating Service. You can decorate residences and businesses for the upcoming Holidays. You could do both interior and exterior. Charge by the hour.
5. Live-in Carer Jobs. Help look after an elderly person who wants to remain in their own home instead of going into a residential care home and giving up their personal space and independence. According to the not-forprofit organisation the Live-in Care Hub there is a massive demand for carers now more people know that live-in care is an alternative to a residential care home.
4. Window Cleaning. Charge by the window or by the size of the house. You don’t want to charge hourly because you can clean a LOT of windows in one hour.
3. Garden Care Service. Mow, trim, weed lawns and include leaf removal during the Fall. You could also include snow removal during the winter months. You will need a good mower and trimmer to start with. Investigate the competition to set your rates.
2. Start An Online Business. Join my blog by signing in with your name and email address on the home screen and I will provide you step-by-step instructions on how to start an online business.
1. Blogging. There is now a complete blogging and marketing system that you can use for $25/month. The best part? You can share with it others that want to blog and you get 100% affiliate commissions for everyone that uses your affiliate link to join. $25/month in residual income for everyone that you share the blogging and marketing system with. In my opinion, this is the best way to make money at home.
What shouldn’t be a surprise is that the number of small businesses are currently seeing hyper-growth! There are millions of people out of work that are trying to figure out what their “plan B” is and that often means starting a small business.
Unfortunately, if 1,000,000 people start a business this year only 50,000 will come out victorious. There are several factors for these numbers but I think the biggest is the lack of knowledge and training, and an awareness of the best ways of improving the profitability of your small business.
If you have been living in a cave recently you probably didn’t hear about online marketing. Businesse are flocking to use it in droves. The momentum that it has created is unlike anything that has ever been seen in any industry before. Online success now underpins business success - even for bricks and mortar businesses a top onlinne presence is essential to attract new customers and clients and to become a successful business.
Getting a website created and then ranked in the search engines feels like a modern day gold rush. One of my absolute favorite shows on TV is called Gold Rush. This reality tv show is on the Discovery Channel and the storyline follows 6 men from Oregon who go to Alaska to prospect for Gold. After watching the season opener last night I had to write a blog post about the comparisons that I saw between Digital Marketing and Discoveries Gold Rush.
Small Business Success – NO MORE EXCUSES!
As a digital marketing coach I have heard every possible excuse as to why people can’t start a small business or can't improve the profitability of a small business. With the power of internet marketing building a profitable business has never been easier! Attraction marketing has completely revolutionized this industry and people still find excuses on why they can’t be successful in their industry.
It is no secret that the majority of those people who try to start their own business fail to achieve success. Running your own business is much more difficult than simply turning up each day to your corporate job but the rewards can be much more lucrative once you find success. A lot of people have found success running a small business. If they can, there is no reason why you can’t achieve success as well. Below are the things that you need to increase your chances of finding profitability in your small business. If you have all these, there is nothing to stop you from achieving the success you have always been dreaming of.